European Championships 2014
The EBA 2014 European Championships will be held in The SPA, Bridlington, England between the 22nd April 2014 to the 1st May 2014.
The selection of players to play internationally will be made using the following guidelines
- Players who have achieved over 50% success in the previous international.
- Players who qualify through the trials system
- A limited wild card selection will be available to Captains and Managers
In all cases the players will be approached and asked whether they are available to travel; Currently the only committee members who are authorised to speak to players regarding their participation on the international team are Martin Kirwan, Brian McDonald, Kevin Byrne, Adrian Hammond, Linda Kirwan and Brendan Hinchy.
The competition is open to “A” and “B” team players.The Under 18’s, Under 23’s and Specials will commence on the Tuesday the 22nd April 2014 and will end on the Friday the 25th April 2014. The Men’s, Ladies, Seniors and Master’s will commence on Saturday the 26th April 2014 and will end on the Thursday the 1st May 2014.
It is suggested that any player participating in the event that starts on the Saturday should book the following flights
- Date Friday 25/4/2014 Dublin to Leeds Bradford Depart 8:00 am
- Date Friday 2/5/2014 Leeds Bradford to Dublin Depart 22:15 pm
Transport will be arranged to meet these flights.
Regarding cues arrangements will be made to have them transported to the venue. Details of these arrangements will be made known as soon as they become available.